PUBLISHED: 9th June 2020
LAST UPDATED: 3rd November 2020
To our valued patients,
We hope all is well with you and your family during these challenging times.
We have been back to scheduling appointments since June, and we are continuing our extensive precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our patients and team members. We are fully compliant with infection control procedures set by The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and The College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario as well as health regulations set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Toronto Public Health and Public Health Ontario.
Since reopening, we have changed our appointment procedures and are taking other precautionary measures to provide safe dental treatment, which we have outlined below.
Before your appointment
- Patients will be pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
- Necessary documentation (e.g. new patient registration forms) will be sent to you electronically for completion.
- Changes to your contact or insurance information or questions for the receptionists should be made before coming in for your appointment, as we are limiting time spent in the reception area.
Upon your arrival at the office
- To maintain social distancing, we have closed our reception area. Please call or text when you arrive and wait outside of the office until your scheduled appointment time. We will call or text you back when your treatment room is ready, and a team member will then greet you at the entrance.
- Patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons upon entering the practice.
- Temperature checks will be taken upon entering the practice.
- Patients showing signs or symptoms of illness, or exposure to COVID-19, will be asked to reschedule their appointments.
- Face coverings are required and are only to be removed when instructed by your clinician.
- Only scheduled patients will be allowed into the office other than patients requiring care from one guardian or caregiver.
- The number of patients at any given time in the practice will be limited and appointments will be staggered.
- We ask that patients continue to practice social distancing measures in the office at all times.
- There will be no physical contact with patients except for treatment.
- You will find hand sanitizer at our entrance and throughout the office.
- Magazines, children’s toys, and other items that are difficult to disinfect have been removed.
- Common areas are cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
Your treatment and care
- Team members are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is provided for all clinical and administrative team members including N95 (or equivalent) masks, face shields, gowns, gloves, and other protective equipment as required.
- Treatment rooms are completely sanitized before patients are seated – extra time has been scheduled in-between appointments to allow for the thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
- All treatment rooms have doors or barriers and air purifiers.
- During treatment, our team will strictly follow guidelines set by the CDC, Public Health and our dental governing bodies.
Checking out after your appointment
- Plexiglass screens have been installed at reception counters to protect patients and team members.
- Contactless payment is preferred, otherwise terminals will be wiped down after use.
- Cash and cheques are no longer accepted.
- Receipts will be emailed.
To ensure your appointment goes smoothly, we’ve put together some helpful tips for you to consider
- Avoid arriving too early and expect slightly longer wait times between patients as we disinfect and prepare your room.
- Don’t double-book yourself; leave time on either side of your appointment in case of delays.
- Reduce time spent in the operatory after your treatment has been completed; head to the front when you are finished.
- Any questions and concerns you have should be addressed by phone or email prior to your visit to ensure timeliness during your appointment; top priority will be given to completion of treatment and addressing your immediate dental concerns at the time of your appointment.
- As we have restricted washroom access, please use the washroom before coming into the clinic.
The safety of our patients and staff has always been paramount and these measures have been put in place at the recommendation of our governing bodies at the RCDSO and the CDHO. We will continue to keep you updated as these measures change.
*In the event all anticipated treatment cannot be completed in the allotted time, your treatment will need to be completed at a separate visit and another appointment will be made.
The safety of our patients and team members is our top priority, and our entire dental team is committed to ensuring your safety and comfort in receiving dental care from our office.
We look forward to continuing reconnection with our patients and providing for your dental needs.
If you have any questions or concerns related to your care or our procedures after reviewing this information, please contact us directly.
We wish you all the best and look forward to seeing you again soon!